We have two pathways which sit underneath our ‘officiating strand’ and this overall pathway is called the Student Officiating Academy, with two pathways siting within it; the ‘umpire pathway’ and ‘referee pathway’.
- ‘Umpire pathway’ – Chris Drew (LTA Officiating Coordinator)
- ‘Referee pathway’- Rory McCutcheon (LTA Regional Tennis Competitor Coordinator)
The NGB qualifications are essential for future employment in officiating and relevant to this pathway in gaining practical experience.
Students are able to undertake the following qualifications (* indicates courses whereby assessments are necessary for successful completion of the qualification)
- Competition Organisers qualification (3rd November 6.30-9.30pm) will be taken as a pre-requisite for the 2.5 day fastrack course which consists of the following three qualifications (date 25th Nov pm and all day 26/27th November);
- Court supervisor qualification
- Line Umpire qualification *
– Chair Umpire qualification *
‘Referee pathway’ consists of two qualifications;
- Competition Organisers qualification (3rd November 6.30-9.30pm)
– Referee course qualification (qualified R5 referees) * (18/19th Feb 2017)