Points Scale ‘C’ – Mixed
Maximum Squad of 8 (Minimum of 4 Women)
- 8 people per team, 4 men and 4 women. One coach only will be allowed.
- Each contest will be the best of three pulls with ends chosen for the first and, if necessary, third pulls from the spin of a coin.
- Matches will be won by winning two pulls out of three.
- A team winning a match by 2 pulls to 0 will score 3 points; the losing team will receive 0 points.
- A team winning a match by 2 pulls to 1 will score 2 points; the losing team will score 1.
- No projections on footwear (i.e. No studs).
- Gloves are NOT permitted.
The “anchor man” in each team must pass the rope under one armpit diagonally across the back and over the opposite shoulder from rear to front. The remaining rope shall pass on a backward and outward direction and the slack shall run free. He shall grip the standing part of the rope with both arms extended forwards. No other turns or loops will be allowed.
The rope must remain straight and all the team must remain on their feet throughout the pull.
The practice of a team that is losing releasing the rope to make their opponents fall backwards is dangerous and must not occur, any team doing so will be immediately disqualified and will receive no points.