Tennis – Mixed League
- (No University Squad Players)
- Points Grading: A
- (Minimum of 4 Players to start a match)
Venue: Loughborough University Tennis Centre
1. The matches will be played under L.T.A. laws.
2. The competition will be played on a pools basis with secondary pools based on primary pool rankings to provide the final placings in the competition.
3. A team will be made up of 4 players, 2 male, and 2 female. In Singles, men will play men, and women will play women. Doubles pairs will ALWAYS be mixed.
4. The match will be decided on the basis of 6 normal sets (4 singles and 2 doubles matches).
For Singles matches players seeded 1 or 2 will play the opponent of the same ranking (same sex).
In the doubles, the 2 mixed pairs from each team will only play 1 opposing pair. The tie-break system will be used. Additionally, if a match between 2 Halls is tied (e.g. 3 sets all), then the Hall who has won the most individual games will be the victor.
(score should be entered 4-3 to the winning Hall in this instance).
5. Order of Play:
A1 V B1 (MALE)
A2 V B2
A1 V B1 (FEMALE)
A2 V B2
PAIR A1 v PAIR B1, PAIR A2 v PAIR B2
6. Teams must play in clothing acceptable on tennis courts. The responsibility for standards rests with the captain and his Hall of Residence.
7. Matches must begin within 5 minutes of the allotted fixture time on SportPAD.
8. It is the responsibility of the teams taking part to provide a suitable number of tennis balls.
9. The courts are numbered and matches should be played using all 4 courts.
10. Ties in pools will be broken by the result of the match between the tying halls.
11. In the case of a walkover, the score awarded to the winning team will be 6 – 0.