Points Scale ‘B’ – Men’s and Women’s
Eligibility – (No AU/High Performance Swimmers or Triathletes, Lifesavers, Waterpolo players.)
Entry Lists Required.
- The competition will be run on a team basis, each Hall entering TWO competitors for each event. Each Hall will provide only ONE team for the relays.
- Two competitors from the same Hall cannot swim in the same heat.
- Each swimmer will be timed and their time recorded. This time will be compared with the times of swimmers in the other heats. The 8 fastest swimmers will swim in the final, with 8 points for 1st place, 7 for 2nd, 6 for 3rd and so on down to 8th place.
- Each swimmer taking part in the competition will gain ONE point that will go towards the final total providing that they finish the race.
- A competitor may enter a maximum of THREE events + ONE relay.
- All competitors must be able to swim 100 metres unaided.
Schedule will depend on number of entries, but the rough format is as follows:
Women’s 50m Backstroke Heats
Men’s 50m Backstroke Heats
Women’s 50m Breaststroke Heats
Men’s 50m Breaststroke Heats
Women’s 50m Butterfly Heats
Men’s 50m Butterfly Heats
Women’s 50m Freestyle Heats
Men’s 50m Freestyle Heats
Medley Relay Heats
Freestyle Relay Heats
Women’s 50m Backstroke Final
Men’s 50m Backstroke Final
Women’s 50m Breaststroke Final
Men’s 50m Breaststroke Final
Women’s 50m Butterfly Final
Men’s 50m Butterfly Final
Women’s 50m Freestyle Final
Men’s 50m Freestyle Final
Medley Relay Final
Freestyle Relay Final
i) Events will be held in the 50m Pool. All competitors should take their University ID cards with them to gain admission.
ii) If a swimmer gains a place in the final but is then unable to take part, a replacement is not permitted, the swimmer(s) will gain ONE point as if s/he had come last in the Consolation Final.