Mens and Womens Leagues
No University Basketball Players
Points Scale ‘A’
Venue: Sir David Wallace Sports Hall A & B
*Please note: men’s games will be 7 minute quarters, women’s games will be 6 minute quarters.
1. Matches will be played under E.B.B.A. laws except as laid out in Rule 4.
2. Fixtures must be played on the date and at the time stated.
3. The competition will be played on a pools basis followed by a second round of pools based on finishing position in round 1.
4. Playing time will be 4 QUARTERS OF 7 MINUTES* with 1 minute intervals, 3 mins for halftime. (A team not ready to play at the stated time will forfeit the game to their opponents). The playing clock will only be stopped for time-outs, OTHER THAN THE LAST 2 MINUTES OF EACH GAME, WHEN IT WILL STOP FOR ALL INFRINGEMENTS.
5. A player who has committed FOUR fouls must automatically leave the game.
6. Substitutes will number not more than five.
7. A maximum of 2 time-outs will be allowed per team, 1 per half.
8. Each team must provide one official at the scoring table. Failure to do so will preclude them from questioning the match score and result.
9. Referees to be provided by the AU Basketball Club. 10. Teams lists must be handed to the scoring officials five minutes before the scheduled time of commencement.
11. There must be a minimum of 4 players on court at the start of the game.
12. Teams normally play in IMS Shirts, but bibs can be used from the Sports Hall stores.
13. If the score is a tie at the end of the second half, play shall be continued for an extra period of THREE minutes. If there is still a tie at the end of three minutes play shall continue until one side scores. This side shall then be declared the winner. At the end of full time and the period of extra time, the teams shall change baskets. There shall be no interval between the periods of extra time nor shall a time-out be taken in this period. In the event of a tie in the pools, the result of the match between the tying halls will be used to break the tie. (Please ensure that the Sports Development Centre receives full results for each match)