Go Tri Triathlon … Go Tri It Yourself:
In aid of charity for the Volunteer Zambia Project
After the success of last year, Loughborough University is once again holding its Go Tri Triathlon on campus, and everyone is welcome to take part! Go Tri is a fun and inclusive way for everyone to access Triathlon for the first time, with manageable distances which have been purpose-designed for beginners.
Details of the Event:
Date: 12th May 2018
Registration: 12.30 at Loughborough University Swimming Pool
Event start time: 14:00 at the Loughborough University Swimming Pool
🏊 Swim: 300m
🚴♀️ Bike: 9km
🏃 Run: 2.5km
Prices for Go Tri Triathlon:
- Student Single Ticket – £8 (valid student ID must be provided at registration)
- Standard Single Ticket – £10
- Group Ticket- £24 (4 competitors)
The race will include:
- Closed road cycle route
- Photographers throughout the day and uploaded onto Facebook after the event.
- Finishers goody bag including certificate.
Click here to Register
The event is approved by Triathlon England and participants must be 16+ to enter. The delivery of the event is part of a volunteer programme undertaken by Loughborough University students, and will be looking to make this a fun, positive and exciting event to be part of. This event will be in aid of our chosen charity Volunteer Zambia with all proceeds from the Go Tri entries going to the charity. All you must do now is complete our simple registration, pay and turn up ready to enjoy!
Keep up-to-date on our Event on Facebook!
Volunteers also required: If you are interested in volunteering with this exciting event please contact email@example.com.
- All participants and volunteers must be 16+ years old.
- All participants must be able to complete a 300m pool swim.
- All participants must wear a cycle helmet for the entirety of the bike section.
- Event organisers can amend the course route at any time and without prior notification.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer a refund if you no longer can take part in the event, but all proceeds will be going to Zambia IDEALS charity.
Participants can arrange their own bike hire if they wish.
Pedal Power Bikes is a local shop that is able to help: https://www.pedalpowerbikes.co.uk/
47 Ashby Road,
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Do I need a swimming hat?
There is no need for a swimming hat, you will however need to have a bike helmet to participate.
- Do I just wear a normal swimming costume?
Yes a normal swimming costume is fine. This is a Go Tri event, which is designed for novices, so do not worry about professional equipment etc.
- When going through transition from swim to bike, is it just a case of putting your cycling gear over your swim suit and off you go?
Yes, you can put your bike/run gear next to your bike (marshals will be present around the area) and then wear it over swim gear.
- Do I have to provide my own bike?
Yes, unfortunately we are unable to offer a bike rental service. Your own bikes however, do not need to be top of the range, any type of bike will be sufficient to complete the course.
For any further questions please feel free to email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help