1) Departments failing to turn up for a fixture will lose by the sport specific walkover score eg. Football League: 5-0
2) Informed Walkovers:
The department awarding a walkover must email/contact both the opposing department’s Sport SIO and the Social League Coordinator informing them they cannot field a team for the given fixture.
- Notice must reach the above mentioned parties at least 2 hours before the time of the fixture
- A total of 2 informed walkovers will lead to a meeting between the Department Sport Chair, SIO and chair of the Department to discuss potential removal from the competition.
- A total of 3 informed walkovers will result in the Department side being removed from the league.
3) Uninformed Walkovers:
If a department does not inform the opposition, or social league coordinator of their non-attendance they will be charged/debited the deposit amount* for that league on the first occasion. On the second occasion the department will be removed from the league.
*Football= £40, Netball= £40, Tennis £10 (per place), Badminton £10 (per place) & Basketball £20
4) Uninformed Walkovers – One Day Events
If a department does not inform the Department Sport Committee of their non-attendance (a minimum of 2 hours before the beginning of the ODE) they will docked points. This decision will be enforced at the discretion of the Committee.