IAPS is a members’ organisation for heads of independent prep schools, currently with over 650 members in the UK and overseas. IAPS hosts over 100 sport events annually, across 25 different sports, attracting entries from more than 23,000 children in the UK and abroad.
They’re after a highly-organised individual with excellent administration and communication skills to coordinate the programme of sport events. This role will support the Sport Events Manager in the running of the sports events, which are largely run by volunteer teachers in our schools. The ideal candidate will be organised, efficient at dealing with enquiries from schools and parents, able to work under pressure to meet event deadlines and have a passion for sport.
The Sports Event Coordinator’s roles will include, but not be limited to:
- Coordinate all IAPS sports events to include managing all event bookings, ordering prizes, arranging merchandise and photography.
- Support the work of volunteer organisers.
- Respond to emails and telephone enquiries from schools and parents about events.
- Create and manage sports bookings on the sports website.
- Create tournament draws and ensure all regional tournaments are organised using the same format.
- Keep IAPS Sport web pages up-to-date and engaging.
- Promote IAPS sport through social media.
- Create and publish the weekly sports e-newsletter.
- Create the annual sports poster.
- Clerk and minute the IAPS sports committee which meet three times a year.
- Support schools with data entry into Hytek and Meet Manager for the annual Swimming Gala (full training will be provided)
- Keep accurate participation records after every event.
- Attend any sports events throughout the year where necessary.
The role will be based at our headquarters in Leamington Spa. Occasionally the Sport Events Coordinator will be required to attend events. IAPS is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and the successful applicant must undergo a DBS check prior to attending any events.
For more information check out the Job Description, Job Advert, Person Description, Equal Opps Monitoring Form and IAPS Application Form!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to access the forms!