Loughborough University are proud to have extensive sporting partnerships including:
- Official Preparation Camp and Headquarters for Team GB
- Intensive Training Centre for British Swimming
- National Cricket Performance Centre
- British Athletics National Performance Centre
- British Triathlon Head Office and National Centre
- England Rugby Football League – World Cup Preparation Centre 2013
- Rugby World Cup 2015 – Official Team Base
- SportPark – the administrative home for many of the country’s top sports governing bodies and national sports organisations.
Much of Loughborough’s sporting success is attributed to and underpinned by academic excellence in teaching, research and enterprise.
The School of Sport, Exercise and Health Sciences has a worldwide reputation for advancing research and knowledge in sport science and management, physical education, health and well-being, sociology and sport, human biology and psychology.
The Sports Technology Institute has established an international reputation for its work with global brands including adidas, Callaway Golf, Canterbury of New Zealand, Dunlop, Head, New Balance, Nike, Reebok, Slazenger, Spalding, Speedo and Umbro on the design, simulation, testing and manufacture of sporting goods.
Future academic and enterprise developments include:
The University is to establish an academic campus, offering postgraduate and executive education, at iCITY on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in London, opening in 2015.
A £10 million, pioneering sport and exercise medicine centre is to be located on the University campus. The East Midlands hub is one of three across the country which forms first-ever National Sport and Exercise Medicine Centre of Excellence.
Expansion plans to further develop the University’s Science and Enterprise Park, which is already one of the largest in the UK, and is home to SportPark.
For more information please contact us.