In 2016, Loughborough University was proud to top the British Universities and Colleges Sport (BUCS) Leagues for the 36th year in a row.
With a rich sporting heritage and a campus full of world class facilities, it is not surprising that many budding athletes choose Loughborough as their number 1 university for sport.
However with more Universities eager to bag that top spot, Loughborough Sport is working harder than ever to increase its support and recognition for teams, coaches and athletes that compete in the BUCS competitions. The aim is to not only increase our points total but to reward individuals for their outstanding contributions each year.
As part of this increase in support, we are working to improve the student experience for BUCS athletes who are committed both to their own personal development and also to delivering results at a strong competitive level.
New for 2017 Athletes that meet that description can now apply to become one of Loughborough Sport’s very first BUCS Champions.
The Application Process
- Outstanding individual performance making significant contribution to BUCS success and BUCS points.
- Applications need to be sent to Ian Read (email@example.com). A maximum of 2 applications per club/team.
- A coaches/Club Chair’s supporting statement should be submitted for both individual sports and individuals in a team sport.
- BUCS point’s contribution from the previous season will be considered for any Cricket Club applications.
A portion of your application will be a self-analysis on your current BUCS points. If this section is not completed, your application will not be considered.
- Up to 4 x £500 individual sports individuals
- Up to 4 x £500 team sports individuals
- 1 x £1000 overall BUCS Champion
- 12th May 2017: Deadline for the submission of application to Performance Development Coordinator. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
- 15th & 16th May 2017 – Decision of panel (Sport EO, Student Performance Development Coordinator & Head of Performance Programmes) meet to discuss applications.
- 17th May 2017 – Applicants informed of decision and invited to AU Colours Awards, taking place on 20th May 2017.
Note: This application is open to all BUCS performing AU Clubs and individuals, including current scholars. Clubs/Teams/Individuals that do not compete in BUCS competition will not be eligible for this award.